Re: accents

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: accents
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:21:57 +0200

"Andrés Ghigliazza" <tizone@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for you answer, but I have not luck yet.
>
> I tried the command set-terminal-coding-system with both (I guess that
> I am using ISO-8859-1, but I can't remember where to see it). With
> ISO-8859-1, accents and "ñ" are seen right, but I can't type them (the
> same for the default). With UTF-8, neither I can see them, nor I can
> type them.
>
> Any other idea? I recall you, that the problem is just in windowed
> terminal, and it happens in local and remote hosts with ssh (in normal
> terminal, it works perfectly in local and remote hosts).

What do you mean you can't type them?
I see a ñ above, you must have typed it no?

In anycase, it should be a question with your terminal emulator.

In MS-Windows 3.11, I used to enter accented characters by something
like  AltGr-abc with abc being the code of the character typed on the
numeric keypad.

If you type AltGr-233 (or AltGr-0233, I don't remember) and get é,
then it means that the transmission between your terminal emulator and
emacs works correctly.

Perhaps there is some control panel or other kind of dialog to
configure paramaters allowing you to tell MS-Windows that when you
type the key marked ñ, it should get a character ñ...

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.