Removing Gnu Emacs 22 from OSX 10.4.10

From: fcache
Subject: Removing Gnu Emacs 22 from OSX 10.4.10
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 04:02:31 -0000

Hi,

I'm looking for assistance in a clean removal of gnu emacs 22 from my
OSX 10.4.10 box.  I loaded and compiled gnu emacs 22 using the
instructions on the webpage:
http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2006/01/building_emacs22_on_mac_os_x.html
and eventually to replace it with a clean installation of Aquamacs.  I
executed ./configure --uninstall and the GNU Emacs icon was removed
from the Applications folder.  However, I am still able to execute
emacs from within the Bash shell.  I tried executing "make uninstall"
to no avail.  How can I cleanly remove gnu emacs?

Thanx,
Ed