Re: (another's PC) NTemacs -- how much disk taken up? (ditto: cygwin)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: (another's PC) NTemacs -- how much disk taken up? (ditto: cygwin)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:11:54 -0000

On 20 Jul, 04:58, dkco...@panix.com (David Combs) wrote:

> Anyone know (from experience) how much disk space each
> of these take up?

emacs: (no source): 132Mb    (full source and intermediate files from
build): 240Mb

cygwin: depends on what you install.

> .  can these two things simply live in my C:/dkcombs dir?

Emacs certainly can.

> .  what *must* be changed in the "registry" (whatever that is!)?

Nothing for Emacs. Just unzip and avoid running addpm.exe (which does
modify the registry and creates shortcuts in the Start menu).

> .  if eventually needed (perhaps *demanded*), how easy/difficult
>    to "uninstall" all this?

Just delete the directory if there are no registry entries.