Re: grammar check for latex in emacs

From: roodwriter
Subject: Re: grammar check for latex in emacs
Date: 20 Jul 2007 06:27:50 -0400

rajeshthomas@gmail.com writes:

> I am using emacs + auctex to write some latex documents.
> i have configured Aspell for emacs and it works perfect.
>
> i need to correct grammar mistakes in my latex document. is there any
> way to configure emacs to do this? i don't need a very sophisticated
> grammar checker. just a simple one like changing to uppercase the
> first letter of a word after a sentence, repeated words, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> R. Thomas

Flyspell-mode will check for doubled words, coloring the second one,
as well as checking spelling on the fly.

Auto-capitalize.el will capitalize words at the beginning of a
sentence. It doesn't work properly with refill-mode but seems to do
well with longlines.el. I always have it on.

Neither of these actually checks grammar, though.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical
Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by e-mail
take the second "o" out of the e-mail address.