Re: python mode automatically start python interperter

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: python mode automatically start python interperter
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:49:55 -0400

lgfang> I'm using official NT emacs 22.1.  I found it is boring
lgfang> that emacs will automatically start a python interpreter
lgfang> when editing python code

lgfang> Even if I manually turned it off, the interpreter will
lgfang> start again.

> It turns out that every time I use M-/ to auto-complete, the
> interpreter is started.

I guess you have M-/ bound to python-complete-symbol (maybe because you
have M-/ globally bound to complete-symbol).  Then it's completely normal
because the completion candidates are given by the underlying
python process.

        Stefan