emacsserver unstable?

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: emacsserver unstable?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:40:16 +0200

Hi Emacsers

Since today I'm using (server-start) in my .emacs to use Emacs as
editor for Mutt. Every few hours Mutt fails to hand over an email to
emacsclient. It's working again only after I restart the server
manually. The messages-buffer doesn't mention any breakdown of the
server.

I never close Emacs, but I'm working heavily with AucTeX and shell
buffers. Is it possible that I unconsciously close the server by some
operation? Or is it generally unstable?

I'm using the Debian-snapshot with the current version 22.1.50.1 on
Debian Etch.

Has anybody experienced anything similar and knows a workaround?

Greetings,

Sven