Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:26:34 +0200

() Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@mx6.tiki.ne.jp>
() Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:00:28 +0900

   No because the people who pretend that there are technical
   issues or that "it is impossible" do not make sense in the
   first place.

perhaps you misunderstand them (more than they misunderstand you).

   It is not the technical issues that are (not) discussed here,
   but the mere idea of localizing emacs.

   I think it is more a psychological issue than a technical issue
   right now.

evidently.

   It would be better if people who are not interested in
   localization stop replying to this thread and let others
   discuss possibilities.

everything is possible in an ideal world.  but we are not there,
and silence from the knowledgeable does not help us get closer.

you say, why not redesign to fit more the ideal?  others say,
that's a big job, full of technical difficulties.  you call them
pretenders.  i suppose you distrust what you don't know; perhaps
that will subside when you age more.

i invite you to cross the schism between writer of text and writer
of programs.  there is lots of fun on both sides.  in this way, i
hope to "localize" you to reality.  :-D

thi