Re: Emacs localization (Re: Why emacs have not native language menu)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs localization (Re: Why emacs have not native language menu)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:23:46 +0200

Am 24.07.2007 um 13:19 schrieb Jean-Christophe Helary:

What is the technical difference with the extensibility of emacs and version upgrades or plugins in other apps ?

I don't see any. And the common issue is that localizers have to keep up with the dynamic in both cases.

Compare GNU Emacs with for example xrmap. Xrmap has *external* files that provide messages or menu entries in other languages. And then the CIA World Facts Book is still US English, names of rivers, lakes, towns, countries are in English ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?"
                                            - Tom Stoppard