Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:39:16 +0900

On 25 juil. 07, at 00:24, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 24.07.2007 um 14:18 schrieb Jean-Christophe Helary:

Of course, we all know that for a corporation market division is very good (it allows them to put higher prices in the submarkets). But for
users these translations  is costly in more than one way.

I fail to see the rationale behind this opinion.

Compare the price of a Mac bought in the U.S.A. and one bought in Japan or France!

I just did, with the exchange rates found on http://www.xe.com/

Model/USD/EU/YEN as per the different Apple sites
conversion from USD to EU
conversion from USD to YEN

MB $1099 €1049 ¥139.800
€795
¥132.578

MBP $1999 €1899 ¥259.800
€1446
¥241.150

MM $599 €619 ¥74.800
€433
¥72.243

iM $999 €999 ¥124.800
€722
¥120.486

MP $2499 €2499 ¥319.800
€1808
¥301.352

Interestingly, it seems it is the French buyers who pay for the Japanese localization...

Jean-Christophe Helary