Re: emacsserver unstable?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacsserver unstable?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:44:02 +0200

Am 24.07.2007 um 18:08 schrieb Sven Bretfeld:

Best would be to install a stable Emacs 22.1 instead of the Snapshot.

I wouldn't think so. On Mac OS X I am always working in such snapshots from CVS. They work. And they make me happy when they allow me to report a bug!

Can you try to minimise your user init file, ~/.emacs or such? Could be there is some code that causes the error you see ...

How many executables of emacsclient do you have on disk? Which one is found and actually executed? Can you use ps or pstree to exactly find out which one is running and then dying? Do you have LD_LIBRARY or such environment variables set? Could be they have in an interactive session a different effect than in tool launched by so gadgetry. lsof can exactly show which shared library files are used in some process.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Irgendwer sollte den Kugelschreiber mit einem Kleiderbügel kreuzen, dass die Kulis sich vermehren, statt stets nur zu verschwinden!