Re: Crash when starting an external process

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Crash when starting an external process
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:05:25 +0200

Am 24.07.2007 um 22:27 schrieb Robert Woodworth:

What debug items can I turn on so that I know what is happening when I try to start an external process??

When you run 'emacs --help' it gives some pointers. Particularly --no- init-file (-q) and --no-site-file are useful to exclude any init file as the culprit; --no-window-system (-nw) can help exclude X11. Finally --debug-init can help to shed some light on the Lisp code causing the crash.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German, and Germany will declare that I am a Jew. -- Albert Einstein, 1929