Re: emacs22: lost iso-accents-mode

From: ryofurue
Subject: Re: emacs22: lost iso-accents-mode
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:33:41 -0700

On Jul 24, 8:56 am, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:

> Two alternatives, actually:
>
>  . Activate a suitable input method ("C-\" or "C-u C-\").  "C-h C-\"
>    will show help on how to use an input method to type accented
>    characters.
>
>  . Load iso-transl, and then use the ALT modifier (if it exists) or
>    "C-x 8" together with an accent character to modify the following
>    letter.  "C-x 8 C-h" will list all available translations.  This
>    works for Latin-1 only, but that seems to be your case.

Thanks!  I've tested both methods.  I found that if you need just
a few accented characters, the latter method is quite adequate.
The former is suitable when you type more than a few accented
characters in a paragraph, say.  To use this, however, I need to
find out a way to quickly switch back and forth between my
default input method (japanese-anthy-uim) and latin-1-prefix.
(Not that I write Japanese all the time.  I occasinally send
Japanese email messages, and that's when I need the
Japanese input method.  So, I set it as my default.)

Thanks again,
Ryo