Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:22:29 +0200

Am 25.07.2007 um 12:19 schrieb Ilya Zakharevich:

- many elements are sufficiently dynamic that it's going to be
  difficult to add support to translate them.

How this is different from localization of other applications?

Look at the changes in CVS: some are "simple" alterations of word
order in the docstring.

So what?  I suspect you wanted to add: ... and other applications do
not do this...  1/4 ;-)

No, it wasn't this. I was trying to express that it can be very cumbersome to keep pace in other languages with all these sublime changes.

P.S.  You sent a blind Cc (A Cc which is not explicitly marked as a Cc
      of a posting).  Such Cc's are very confusing; please do not do
      this.

I noticed that (Apple) Mail had created a Bcc header and tried to remove it, which obviously failed ... Sorry!

--
Greetings

  Pete

Well done is better than well said.