Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:12:12 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@mx6.tiki.ne.jp>
> Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:02:33 +0900
>

> On 26 juil. 07, at 22:36, Hadron wrote:
>
> > Jesus, half the Emacs manual is hard enough to understand in
> > English! :)
>
> This is basically why translating is difficult: the original
> documentation is poorly written.
>
> And technical documentation is generally poorly written. (I'm just
> trying a silly generalization to balance with other silly
> generalizations...)

I hope this particular silly generalization doesn't include the Emacs
manual, because I think it's actually written quite well, as
documentation goes.  At least the attention it gets from the
maintainers is significant.

If you have examples of poor Emacs documentation to show, please do
(and eventually submit them as bug report to bug-gnu-emacs mailing
list).