Re: Help>>>emacs-multi-tty use 99% CPU in my virtual machine

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Help>>>emacs-multi-tty use 99% CPU in my virtual machine
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:10:35 +0200

netawater <netstandin-002@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

Hi,

> I get emacs-multi-tty code by Gentoo layman emacs source (It is
> remarked but I open it). After I run emacs-multi-tty, it uses 99%CPU
> of my machine, but I can not see why it need so much resource. Is it a
> bug? Thank you very much.

Do you have an old version of semantic/cedet [1] (1.0_pre4) installed?
If yes, then update to cedet-1.0_pre4. There was a bug in cedet that
caused this troubles in emacsen >= 22.

Bye,
Tassilo
[1] http://cedet.sourceforge.net/
--
My work on  free software is motivated by  an idealistic goal: spreading
freedom and  cooperation. I want  to encourage free software  to spread,