Re: Emacs + python

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Emacs + python
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:06:42 -0000

On Aug 1, 10:37 pm, Hadron <hadronqu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Could anyone put me on the right track to developing Python with emacs
> please : modes to consider, debugging etc hopefully all within emacs.
>
> Any help and shared experiences much appreciated.

Sorry. As far as i know, Emacs doesn't provide any practical autofill
methods like idle or pythonwin.
I haven't seen any one could make cscope & ECB work in python(If you
know anyone,please tell me)
Besides that, emacs has some problems when running multi-threading
python programs. That ofter halt my emacs. Though I like emacs very
much and regard it as the most powerful editor in the world. I have to
say that emacs python modes have long way to go compared with other
modes like c,c++

I am using idle to edit my python file. This software has similar hot-
key like emacs. If you need to handle some multi-threading python.
Open a shell for each of them.