Re: Code depending on hostname

From: weber
Subject: Re: Code depending on hostname
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 11:04:12 -0700

On 8 ago, 14:31, Hadron <hadronqu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Could someone possibly advise me on some example lisp of how to do alternate
> things based on the hostname of the machine that the code is being run on?
>
> e.g.
>
> if hostname is A
>  call funcA
> else if hostname is B
>  call funcB
> else ....
>
> many thanks for any pointers.

If i understood you, you want something like this?

system-name is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is "HSMOB"

Documentation:
The host name of the machine Emacs is running on.

So we can do something like this in our .emacs:

(if (string-equal system-name "HSMOB")
        (hs-config-laptop)
        (hs-config-work))

and then define functions for each configuration, like:

(defun hs-config-laptop ()
  "Configuration for my laptop"
  (h-color-theme-ocean-deep)
  (setq ispell-program-name "aspell"))