Inferior Octave

From: Matt
Subject: Inferior Octave
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:05:41 -0000

I am trying to run an inferior octave mode in emacs and every time I
type M-x run-octave emacs freezes on me. I have read other threads
describing this problem where the solution was to update the octave-
inf.el file. I updated this file and I am still having the same freeze
problems. I think this has something to do with how my computer runs
octave (not with cygwin). My desktop octave icon which starts the
octave command window outside of emacs has the target

"C:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.73\bin\rxvt.exe" --keysym.0xFF50 '^a'
--keysym.0xFF57 '^e' --keysym.0xFFFF '^f^h' -tn linux -title 'GNU
Octave 2.1.73' -geometry 80x25 -bg White -fg Black -cr Blue -fn
'Lucida Console-12' -sr -b 5 -e /bin/sh octave.sh

I am not familiar with this type of coding but it seems that octave is
being run from within rxvt. Does this pose a problem to running octave
within emacs? And if so has anyone gotten around this?

I have Windows XP, Octave 2.1.73, emacs 22.1.1