Re: mthesaur v synonyms

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: mthesaur v synonyms
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:33:44 +0200

> IOW, the binding is made only if _both_
> `icicle-bind-top-level-commands-flag' is non-nil and `icicle-kmacro' is
> defined (which it is, for Emacs 22).
>
> If you customize `icicle-bind-top-level-commands-flag' to nil, f5 should not
> be rebound. Again, if you find a bug, please report it, starting with
> "emacs -Q", via `icicle-send-bug-report'. Thanks.

It's not a bug customising it doesn't work since the customization is at the
end the .emacs the menu/keybinding code is called before the
customization variable is set.

This worked for me:

,----
| (setq icicle-bind-top-level-commands-flag nil)
| (require 'icicles)
| (icy-mode)
`----

thanks for your help - Icicles is growing on me. Gives me a tingly feeling
about just how powerful my emacs setup is getting now.