Smooth scrolling vertical and horizontal

From: Will
Subject: Smooth scrolling vertical and horizontal
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:13:28 +0200

Hi,

how can I make Emacs scroll smoothly if I move the cursor to the right edge of the buffer?

I am working with a text file with truncated lines, but everytime I am moving the cursor to the right edge it jumps back to the center of the screen, which is irritating as I have to find the cursor again and scroll it to the right edge to see the rest of the line.

I am already having smooth scrolling in a vertical direction due to this code:
(setq-default scroll-step 1)
(setq-default scroll-conservatively 1000)
(setq-default scroll-margin 5)
(setq-default scroll-preserve-screen-position 't)

Thanks for helping in advance,

Will