Trouble connecting to MS-SQL with Emacs

From: Corey Foote
Subject: Trouble connecting to MS-SQL with Emacs
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:39:52 -0400

Hi everybody,

First, let me apologize for asking this simple question. I'm a newbie user for MS-SQL. I'm trying to connect to it thought SQL Mode in Emacs. I'm using Emacs 22.1.1, SQL Server 2005 and Windows XP.

After typing the following:

1. M-x sql-ms
2. User:myusername
3. Password: mypassword
4. Server: myserver
5. Database: mydatabase

I get this error:

Login failed for user 'myusername'.
Process SQL exited abnormally with code 1

What am I doing wrong? I have no trouble connecting through SQL Server Enterprise Manager.

Thanks so much for your help!

Sincerely,

Corey Foote

Messenger Café — open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily. Visit now.