Re: cannot have two processes for latex document

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: cannot have two processes for latex document
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:27:18 +0200

Am 15.08.2007 um 22:45 schrieb Alain Muls:

I can run the command kpdf file.pdf, but when I change something in the editor and want to recompile, I have to close kpdf. I would like to change this so that kpdf can remain open.

Can't you make it to automatically reload the PDF file when it has changed? Have you looked for applications that can do this? (I only know of Mac OS X applications that can do that, xpdf needs an ``r´´ as does gv.)

AUCTeX or GNU Emacs can't communicate in a magical way with X clients. If some X client does not support a particular function, AUCTeX or GNU Emacs can't teach it. The viewer application (for DVI, PS, or PDF) are stand-alone applications that get launched once. Then they stand alone on the screen and either they do their job automatically or the user does his or her job automatically.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Mac OS X is like a wigwam: no fences, no gates, but an apache inside.