Re: elisp from CL transition guide

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: Re: elisp from CL transition guide
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:58:53 +0200

Tamas Papp <tkpapp@gmail.com> writes:

> I have some Common Lisp programming experience, and would like to use
> Emacs Lisp for simple tasks.  I found introductions to Elisp, but what
> I am looking for is some guide that would tell me the differences from
> CL, to get started quicker.

I don't think that many of the differences between Emacs Lisp and Common
Lisp will come up while you're getting started. My advice is to take on
those simple tasks right now and learn by doing. The Emacs Lisp
Introduction is an excellent tutorial. It will teach you how to think
about writing Emacs commands. I think that's what you should focus on.
There is also plenty of source code to read and learn from.