Two separate emacs running ??

From: William Case
Subject: Two separate emacs running ??
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:18:46 -0400

Hi;

I am trying to figure out the best way to solve the following problem:

I have a text file, c-notes.txt, which I open in a separate frame.  I
use it to make lots of notes to myself as a go about learning the 'C'
language.  I would probably like to start an elisp-notes.txt, etc. for
other languages.

I would like to open these text files with a completely different set of
fonts, background colours, faces and minor modes from my usual emacs.  I
would also like to restrict those frames or instances of emacs to a few
text files.

Has anybody else done the same?
Could you point me to an existing solution?
(Yes, I looked.  I couldn't find anything even close, but that could
have been a search criteria problem.)
Or, could you suggest a better way to go about solving this problem?

I thought of constructing a /.emacs2 file and having a completely new or
separate instance of emacs for these files.  How would I do that so that
emacs2 could find /.emacs2 and not /.emacs on start up, if it is even
possible?

Any "getting started" strategies or pointers would be welcome.

--
Regards Bill