Re: Two separate emacs running ??

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Two separate emacs running ??
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:36:56 +0200

Am 17.08.2007 um 17:18 schrieb William Case:

I thought of constructing a /.emacs2 file

Think of a second login account with its own ~/.emacs or user init file.

Think of putting the fontify code into the system init file and launch the second GNU Emacs without loading the system init file.

Consider putting the fontify code into a separate Elisp file and and load this file only into one GNU Emacs.

You could also launch GNU Emacs and make it evaluate some Elisp code from the command line. Depending on this your init file can provide the fontify code or not.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..."
                                      Isaac Asimov