Re: Two separate emacs running ??

From: William Case
Subject: Re: Two separate emacs running ??
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:40:08 -0400

Thanks Peter;

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 17:36 +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 17.08.2007 um 17:18 schrieb William Case:
>
> > I thought of constructing a /.emacs2 file
>
> Think of a second login account with its own ~/.emacs or user init file.
>
> Think of putting the fontify code into the system init file and
> launch the second GNU Emacs without loading the system init file.
>
> Consider putting the fontify code into a separate Elisp file and and
> load this file only into one GNU Emacs.
>
> You could also launch GNU Emacs and make it evaluate some Elisp code
> from the command line. Depending on this your init file can provide
> the fontify code or not.

You did get me thinking.  I should be able to solve this by creating a
new major mode, notes-mode, derived from text-mode.
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CreateNewMajorMode

I can open my working emacs in frame #1 and, then as I need it, open
frame #2 in my new notes-mode restricted to *.nts files (or some such).

Do you see anything wrong with this as a solution?

--
Regards Bill