xemacs shell not flushing (on windows) when I get input from other progr

From: sandra_oconnor2
Subject: xemacs shell not flushing (on windows) when I get input from other programs (such as perl)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:49:29 -0700

Does anyone know how I get through this problem?  The gist of the
matter is that when I run programs in the xemacs shell, nothing seems
to be printed until the program completes.

For example, when I run the
following simple program that takes an input and print it, it runs as
expected in the shell command window, but when I run in the emacs
shell, it doesn't print anything (except what I type) until the
program is finished.  Running on windows,  xemacs 21.4 patch 13.  Any
help would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

temp.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
print "How old are you?\n";
$age = <>;
print "WOW! You are $age years old!\n";

Run inside emacs shell,  the >> indicates what I type

>>perl temp.pl
>>10    <------   waiting for input, hasn't printed 'how old are you' yet
How old are you?    <------- prints the lot, including what should
appear before the input was given