Re: Emacs not receiving C-M-right from keyboard

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Emacs not receiving C-M-right from keyboard
Date: 23 Aug 2007 21:52:31 GMT

Drew Adams wrote:
> I have a new Dell Latitude D620 laptop. I have everything, including Emacs,
> installed identically to the way I had it on my old machine. However, the
> key sequences `C-M-right', `C-M-left', `C-M-up', and `C-M-down' are
> apparently not being sent to Emacs from the keyboard of the new machine.
[...]
> I've looked through the Emacs doc. I've tried to google for something about
> this, but I haven't found anything. Anyone know what's going on and how to
> fix it? Thanks.

sounds to me like you shouldn't be looking at emacs for the problem. is
perhaps you window manager hogging the key combo? check for keyboard
shortcuts in your wm's configuration, and see if C-M-<cursor> is used for
something.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)