Re: eclipse as an inferior debugger?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: eclipse as an inferior debugger?
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:00:55 -0600

>>>>> "David" == David L <idht4n@hotmail.com> writes:

David> Is there a way to use the eclipse debugger as an
David> inferior debugger in emacs?  I've seen documentation
David> on using ddd as an inferior debugger, but ddd seems
David> unmaintained and some of my colleagues are
David> starting to use eclipse instead.

If you are debugging C/C++ -- which your mention of DDD seems to imply
-- then Eclipse is just using gdb under the hood, the same as Emacs.
In this case you might try the new gdba mode, which is supposed to be
a bit more GUI-like.  (I still haven't tried it.. gotta do that
someday.)

If you're debugging Java then, no, AFAIK there's no way to use the
Eclipse debugger from Emacs.

Tom