Re: How to search all open buffers?

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: How to search all open buffers?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:36:03 -0700

>>>>> "kj" == kj  <socyl@987jk.com.invalid> writes:

    kj> Hi.  What's the Emacs command to search for a string in all
    kj> the open buffers?

As far as I know, the only way to do it is

        M-x multi-occur-in-matching-buffers RET . RET your-search-string RET

which is not only awkward, but I swear sometimes it's failed to find
hits that I know where present.

A more reliable, but even more awkward way, is

        M-x ibuffer RET * * RET t O your-search-string RET

--
... at a contemporary beefsteak it is unusual for a man to do
away with more than six pounds of meat and thirty glasses of