Re: .emacs keybindings in gnus

From: imputerate
Subject: Re: .emacs keybindings in gnus
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 01:48:03 -0700 (PDT)

michael, you da man! it worked like a charm;

in my .gnus.el file, i changed a line
from:
(add-hook 'gnus-message-mode-hook line
to:
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook

so now the section of my .gnus.el file which forces gnus to accept key
bindings from my .emacs file is:

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (local-set-key (kbd "\ei") 'previous-line)))
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (local-set-key (kbd "\en") 'next-line)))
;; instead of 'gnus-message-mode-hook

\

(add-hook 'message-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (local-set-key (kbd "\en") 'next-line)))
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (local-set-key (kbd "\e;") 'end-of-line)))

i left the summary-mode lines as is, since they work, and as they say,
"if it works..."

michael, you also solved my other problem:
(add-hook 'gnus-group-mode-hook 'gnus-topic-mode)
;;instead of 'gnus-message-mode-hook

(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'paragraph-indent-minor-mode)

the lesson to be taken from all this is that the "'gnus" should be omitted
when one is configuring the .gnus.el file;

now how about getting customized key bindings to work in X, and X apps, like
browsers?