Re: Emacs 22 and slrn

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Emacs 22 and slrn
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:21:30 +0200

Chris McMahan wrote:
Thanks, I'm aware of that. I had some issues with emacsclient not
starting emacs if it wasn't running already, and with maxing out the
CPU at times, so I just reverted back to Gnuserv and Gnuclient.
Another advantage for me is the ability to pass in lisp code to
execute through the gnuclientw command line.

I may be completely wrong on the emacsclient capabilities, and would
love to see some configs on getting it to work well in a Windows XP
environment.

No, you are not I once added that capability to gnuclient. I have also added it to the emacsclient that comes with EmacsW32, but unfortunately the emacsclient that comes with Emacs does not have this capability yet (but I hope it will have it soon).