Re: installed 22.1-0ubuntu4~feisty1, should i remove /etc/emacs21/site-s

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: installed 22.1-0ubuntu4~feisty1, should i remove /etc/emacs21/site-start.d
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:17:41 +0200

Am 31.08.2007 um 03:33 schrieb imputerate:

can i rely on emacs22 to:

go to /etc/emacs22 and find 00debian-vars.elc,

instead of:

going to /etc/emacs21 and running 20gnus-init.el?

Launch it and then check the variable load-path – it won't destroy your system. If load-path contains /etc/emacs21 and the GNU Emacs 21 files are different from those of version 22, then it's probably better to send a message to the Ubuntu company and to debian, since one such file is named 00debian-vars.elc. The other file is *not* a part of GNU Emacs.

Using a statement like this one

        (defadvice load (before debug-log activate)
          (message "(Tipp von Kai G) Lade jetzt: %s" (ad-get-arg 0)))

in the system init file can make GNU Emacs to show all files it has loaded afterwards.

Anyway, it seems that Ubuntu linux is buggy when it can't remove what it has installed before. A bug report seems to be recommended.

--
Greetings

  Pete

                  Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp!