Re: doc-view.el now allows searching

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: doc-view.el now allows searching
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:46:37 +0200

Bill Clementson <billclem@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Bill,

>> Now I display the line containing the match at the bottom.  It's
>> possible that you have to delete the TXT files from the cache,
>> because this required a new option to pdftotext, so that the lines in
>> the PDF match the lines in the TXT file.
>
> Great - that looks really nice.

Yippie!

And it's even getting better: the search matches are now displayed in
the help-echo, too.

> I tried some searches on a number of different files and they almost
> all worked fine. However, when I tried searching Peter Seibel's
> Practical Common Lisp PDF book (free download from Apress:
> http://www.apress.com/free/index.html), there were mismatches between
> the page that was displayed and the matching text. The page number
> corresponded to the page number that was displayed; however, the
> search term wasn't on the page. The line containing the match was
> displayed correctly; however, it was for a page later in the
> document. This seemed to happen for any searches I did of the PCL pdf
> file.

I have that PDF and it works for me.  Could you please delete the
doc.txt in the cache and try again?

If it still doesn't work, please post your search regexp.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
When in a bar, you can order a drink called a "Chuck Norris". It is also
known as a "Bloody Mary", if your name happens to be Mary.