Re: auctex with several automatic runs

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Re: auctex with several automatic runs
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:13:45 -0400

On 9/6/07, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

> Am 06.09.2007 um 16:03 schrieb Denis Bueno:
>
> > I save after every phrase I write, while I think about how to
> > complete the phrase.
>
> Why do you make latexmk compile an unfinished document continuously?
> Can't you wait until it's ready for a first try? You'll save time and
> energy ...

That was my point.  It *should* save me time just to let it compile
continuously.  If there is an error, it should print it and
immediately wait for me to correct it.

The other thing is I use TeXshop (on a mac) to continuously read the
PDF file and update the display I'm looking at.  The effect is that
whenever I save I automatically know if the LaTeX PDF output looks
right.

--
                              Denis