Re: SMTP mail

From: David Ventimiglia
Subject: Re: SMTP mail
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:46:29 -0400

> David Ventimiglia em gnu.emacs.help escreveu :
>

>> 550 Sender verify failed
>

> ehhmm, the From header is the same as the sender?, OTOH can you
> additionally try an autentication such as:
>
> ,----
> | smtpmail-auth-credentials "~/emacs-stuff/mailauth"
> `----
>
> ** The mailauth file has .netrc syntax
>

> Hope this help.
>
> --
> Spam protection:
> In my e-mail remplace the words `no-spam' with `exal'.
>
> .

Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo <no-spam@gnu.org> writes:

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  The "From:" header is "David
Ventimiglia <ventimig@msu.com>", but I don't know what that would be
compared against to verify.  My email address on the IMAP server is
ventimig@msu.edu, but what does the SMTP server compare it against?

Also, smtpmail-auth-credentials has its default value, "~/.authinfo",
and in that file I have:

machine mail.msu.edu login <my user id> force yes

Anyway, in the SMTP trace window are these lines

AUTH PLAIN AHZlbnRpbWlnAFRtdGN0bXRzdHMx
235 Authentication succeeded
MAIL FROM:<ventimig@msu.com> SIZE=182
250 OK

It seems like authentication to the SMTP server works.