Show unsaved changes (as diff)

From: Florian Lorenzen
Subject: Show unsaved changes (as diff)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:29:41 +0200

Hello,

I have a very innocent question, I'm sorry that I could not figure out
the answer myself: is there a quick way to ask Emacs to show the
unsaved changes in a file's buffer as a diff? Sometimes, I attempt to
kill a bufer and Emacs asks me if I want do discard the changes. As my
memory is very weak sometimes, I cannot recall what I had changed and
if this was important in any way. So, I'd simply like to see what I'd
throw away. Of course, I can copy the file's buffer's content to a new
buffer, revert the file's buffer and make a diff on these two. But is
there something ready-made for this kind of situation, like M-x
show-unsaved-changes?

Thanks for any suggestions, best regards,

Florian