Re: Emacs22: set the input method to latin-1-prefix

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Emacs22: set the input method to latin-1-prefix
Date: 2 Oct 2007 08:41:21 GMT

Ulrich Scholz wrote:
> But I would be grateful if someone could point me to a small,
> practical example how to set the default input method by a function
> and add this function to a major mode hook. Or - even better - give me
> a small code snippet.

to create a function to set the input method:

(defun my-set-default-input-method ()
  (set-input-method 'latin-1-prefix))

then to add it to a hook:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'my-set-default-input-method)

read the section on hooks in the emacs manual for some more details.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)