Re: Questions about ps print

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Questions about ps print
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:25:48 +0200

Am 03.10.2007 um 10:23 schrieb Rodolfo Medina:

It might contain all the white space below your black text! You can customise the fringes to indicate the buffer boundaries and also to indicate the empty
lines at the buffer's end.

Can you indicate what variables shall I customize?

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
;; '(fringe-indicators (quote right) nil (fringe))
; '(fringe-mode (quote (3 . 7)) nil (fringe)) ; thickness of fringes left . right '(indicate-buffer-boundaries (quote right)) ; where is text indicated '(indicate-empty-lines t) ; with small horizontal lines
)

An example for colour use in the fringe:

(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
'(fringe ((((class color) (background light)) (:background "khaki" :foreground "steel blue"))))
)

You can also look-up the variable names and follow their hyperlinks to the customisation interface.

Did you check in GNU Emacs the PS output to see what exactly is printed on
that last empty page?

How can I do that?

Only spool the PS print-out (M-x ps-spool-buffer-with-faces). It will create a buffer *PostScript*. It will contain words like "%%Page: <number> <number>" and "EndPage" that describe one page of output. Text output in PostScript is kept between "(" and ")" and followed by "S" and only in case of PS print output of GNU Emacs.

--
Greetings

  Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                        - Groucho Marx