starting emacs remote doesn't load .emacs

From: Stefan Horomnea
Subject: starting emacs remote doesn't load .emacs
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:14:41 +0300

Hello,

I am running emacs21 on FreeBSD. If I start emacs directly from the machine, it loads and has effect the ~/.emacs file. If i log on the machine remotly via ssh (from another machine via xterm) then the emacs doesn't find the same ~/.emacs file. So everything I write in my .emacs file on the remote machine is useless. Why it can't find it ? How can I debug this ?

Thanks,
Stefan