Re: GNU - XEmacs compatibility

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: GNU - XEmacs compatibility
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:49:41 -0400

> As GNU - XEmacs compatibility is a common issue

You mean "Emacs - XEmacs", right?
Because AFAIK, the other one is called just "XEmacs", not "XEmacs Emacs".

> when writing Emacs programs, I'm sure a lot of people wrote translators,
> test-suites and that kind of stuff for it.

Why write them when the web does it for you.

> Would appreciate to see this, even snippets.

Just write your package for whichever variant you care about, and then post
it to gnu.emacs.sources and/or emacswiki and then something magic happens
and people send you patches to add support for the other flavors.

        Stefan

PS: Yes, I know people tend to first ask for that support rather than send
patches, but if you wait long enough, the patches will come.  If they don't,
it's a pretty clear sign that nobody cares enough about it, so your effort
would have been wasted anyway.