Re: editing remote ical files

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: editing remote ical files
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:55:34 +0100

"Martin Marcher" <martin@marcher.name> writes:

> I'd like to (conveniently) edit remote iCal files. I'm still quite new
> to emacs so I don't even have a clue what to search for.

Org-mode is your friend.

You can export your Org agenda to the iCal format (.ics) then upload
this file where you want (either with Tramp or directly by using the
org-publish utility.)

  http://orgmode.org/org.html#iCalendar-export

As for importing, you can import any .ics file into Emacs diary, then
include the diary in Org's agenda, then export this agenda to .ics.

So *synchronization* of Org agenda files and a remote .ics file is not
really straightforward, but it is feasible. For me, i find that I only
need to export .ics calendars, because Org is the only place where I
edit them.

Here you can find information on how to import diary information
from external tools:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Importing-Diary.html

The Org-mode page is a good starting point:

  http://orgmode.org/

The OrgMode page on the emacswiki might also help:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/OrgMode

--
Bastien