Re: Help needed EMAC for TRU64

From: Malte Spiess
Subject: Re: Help needed EMAC for TRU64
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:41:12 +0200

"Nelluri Sudheer - snellu" <Sudheer.Nelluri@acxiom.com> writes:

> Hi there,

Hi,

> You are doing great job of service. We are looking for EMAC editor as
> alternative tool for vi in our shop. About 3 users will be needing this
> on Linux server. Can you please suggest a link for Downloading &
> installing version V20.7.

I guess that it was by accident, but why do you want to use version 20.7
instead of a current stable version 22.1 of Emacs?

Emacs is part of every normal Linux distribution, so there should be no
need to compile it by hand. But if you want to do that for some reason,
you can get to the download here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html

Maybe take a look at www.emacswiki.org as well.

> Thanks,