Re: eshell/cp not able to use Tramp syntax ?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: eshell/cp not able to use Tramp syntax ?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:27:44 +0200

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi,

> someone encountered a problem when trying to use eshell/cp to copy files
> to a destination directory like "/[user@ssh-server]public_html/"

We're speaking about XEmacs, aren't we? So I would need to know the
versions of XEmacs, eshell, Tramp involved in the problem.

Furthermore, is it possible to provide a scenario for reproduction
with plain eshell/cp? Have you (or the OP) tried

(eshell/cp "/home/fran/Devel/Emacs/Org/test.c"
           "/[puitg@ssh-leibniz.imag.fr]public_html/")

which is the superior eshell function in the backtrace?

Note that with "GNU Emacs 22.1.1", the built-in version of eshell, and
"Tramp 2.1.11" I have no problem applying

(eshell/cp "/home/albinus/.emacs"
           "/ssh:root@remote.host.de:/")

Best regards, Michael.