Re: emacsclient with emacs-23.0.60

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: emacsclient with emacs-23.0.60
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:27:18 +0100

    Peter> Am 28.10.2007 um 10:43 schrieb Thierry Volpiatto:

    >> If some body have an idea ?

    Peter> There are more server- commands once the server has
    Peter> started. One of them is server-edit. Does this help?

Thanks for your answer,

server-edit is binded to C-x # .
Normally emacsclient notify that in minibuffer but here no;

when i do that in the new windows created by $EDITOR (alias emacsclient)
called by my python app emacs tell me there is no emacs server.
but there is! emacsclient work fine from any term and also from a remote
computer with emacsclient -t

I think the new windows created when i call emacsclient is a clone of my
emacs session , because when i want to close it with C-x c or from my
emacs session with C-x 5 0 it close all emacs (without saving that is bad)

So i don't know if there is a new feature of emacs that i don't
understand or it's a bug.

--
A + Thierry
pubkey: http://pgp.mit.edu/