Ediff on X: How do I get the control window in the same frame as the buf

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Ediff on X: How do I get the control window in the same frame as the buffers?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:49:07 +0000

Hi, everybody!

Normally when I start Ediff (on a tty), it divides the visible frame
into 2 buffer windows + a single-line control window.  This works well.

However, on X-windows, it creates a dinky little control frame, floating
over the main frame (note the space between these two words), obscuring
part of it.  I find this ugly and awkward, flipping frames when I don't
want to, and so on.

How do I tell Ediff to create the single-line control window in the main
frame, even on X-windows?  I've looked at the Ediff fine manual
configuration section, but didn't find anything relevant there.

Thanks in advance!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach, Germany).