Re: emacsclient with emacs-23.0.60

From: Xiao-Yong Jin
Subject: Re: emacsclient with emacs-23.0.60
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:14:25 -0400

> Am 28.10.2007 um 23:53 schrieb Thierry Volpiatto:
>
>> psvn.el also work only partially with this version of emacs :
>> ediff don't work.
>
> I cannot confirm! Both work. What I can assume is that some of your
> personal settings are incorrect. Do you see different behaviour when
> launching
>
>       emacs-23.0.60 -Q -f server-start &

As I experienced and also stated by one of previous posts,
the issue related to the emacsclient is gone, if you start
the emacs and the server within from a terminal or xterm.
If you type that line in an xterm, you won't see that
behaviour.  But if you launch it from `dmenu[1]', you'll see
that the emacsclient is not working properly.  Presumably,
it's related to the handling of the environment variables?

[1] http://www.suckless.org/wiki/tools/xlib

Xiao-Yong
--