Re: Strange keypad bindings

From: David Sagan
Subject: Re: Strange keypad bindings
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:37:51 -0700

On Oct 28, 5:45 pm, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 28.10.2007 um 17:30 schrieb David Sagan:
>
> When you press in Terminal a function or cursor or numerical keypad
> key, then these keys produce ANSI Esc sequences (you can record them,
> for example in *scratch* buffer, with: C-q <key press>). These codes
> are quite characteristic for each terminal (or its emulation). So it
> should help when Terminal and the remote shell have the same TERM
> value set and since Terminal is quite inflexible make the remote site
> follow Terminal (I am using xterm-color).
>
> Did you make a test with this set-up? It might also help to launch
> GNU Emacs with -Q that no customisation disturbs. Does it make a
> difference with and without -Q?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete
>
> "I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
> they've always worked for me."
>                                            -- Hunter S. Thompson

The problem with the "=" key being inoperable with TERM = vt102 turns
out to be specific to the Terminal program since I do not get this
behavior with the X11 program. I looked and Terminal does not have
anything obvious to change this behavior. In any case -q does not
change the situation. Also when I use ssh the TERM variable on the
remote host is set to what it is on my local Mac so that is not the
source of the problem. So the problem remains but thanks for your
suggestions.

-- David