Re: Need to unhook a function in Makefile-mode

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: Need to unhook a function in Makefile-mode
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:18:33 +0100

Hi,

jgombos <nabble.forum.jog@spamgourmet.com> writes:

> ;; LANGUAGE HOOKS ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> (add-hook 'c++-mode-hook
>         '(lambda ()
>                 (c-set-style "whitesmith")
>                 (add-hook 'write-file-hooks 'untabify-buffer)
>                 ))
> </pre>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/UntabifyUponSave This article
> suggests a solution, but someone responded to that saying that the
> alternative approach screws up formatting (eg. number of spaces equated with
> a tab).  And I don't want to untabify manually (even though tabs are
> highlighted in my view).

well the approach given over there in the wiki makes write-file-hooks
a /buffer local/ hook by calling

(make-local-hook 'write-contents-hooks)

I have been using that code for something like 5-8 years (can't really
remember) and it always did what I wanted.  Note however, it was used
in XEmacs and I never hade much code edititing in larger teams (at
least no teams not using that same code, too ;-)

Kind Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)