Re: Emacs bindings in other programs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs bindings in other programs
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:23:48 -0400

> Apart from that, I'd be surprised if docview were as fast as a traditional
> viewer for larger documents.  (Especially when I'm editing them, so caching
> won't help)

I haven't yet switched away from xdvi and xpdf, but to tell you the truth,
I'm impressed with doc-view: it's pretty damn fast.

The main problems I've seen until now is the lack of zoom and the fact that
gs (used by doc-view to do the rendering) does anti-aliasing much less well
than xpdf (or xdvi).

        Stefan